Random thoughts on leadership

This blog is an experiment.. The various successful bloggers have influenced me to try blogging myself.

I will be sharing thoughts, books, book reviews and other content.

It's an open, electronic diary and journal.

Friday, April 27, 2012

What is Leadership?

It has been a while since I posted on this blog.   In the fall, I had two demanding classes that involved a lot of attention and grading. Also I was immersed in leadership theory in one of the course so the blog did not seem necessary.   In the winter I was finishing up a major research project -- a co-authored book on emerging global powers.    Blogging on leadership went to the back burner.   It's time to think about this again.

I have been thinking lately about the basic question:   What is leadership?   How do we know it when we see it?
How do we know it is missing?
I have been in some situations in recent months when leadership was needed, but absent.   What can one do about it?   It is easy to say: step up and lead.   But, it is harder actually to do it.

I have to think about this issue.... What is leadership?  

Norma



No comments:

Post a Comment