Random thoughts on leadership

This blog is an experiment.. The various successful bloggers have influenced me to try blogging myself.

I will be sharing thoughts, books, book reviews and other content.

It's an open, electronic diary and journal.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Taking Charge

As I was moving stuff from my office  this month, I found a little book I had not looked at in the long time.

Byrd Baggett:  Taking Charge: 236 Proven Principles of Effective Leadereship  (1996).

It's quick and easy but has lots of good advice.   You have heard a lot of it before.   One of my favorites is a Goal is a Dream with a Deadline.    Baggett did not invent this.   I have also heard it attributed to Coach Carter (about whom a film was made).  

I have no idea who said it first, but it is worth remembering.

No comments:

Post a Comment