Random thoughts on leadership

This blog is an experiment.. The various successful bloggers have influenced me to try blogging myself.

I will be sharing thoughts, books, book reviews and other content.

It's an open, electronic diary and journal.

Friday, June 21, 2013

Be careful what you wish for....

We all have items on  our wishlist that we would like to acquire.   Then perhaps we get some of them, and we wonder: why did I want this?
I have a funny case in point.

A few years ago, a well-known retailer advertised a multipurpose cake server, salad bowl, hors d'oeuvre server, and punch bowl.   I had to have it and put it high on my Christmas wish list.  I received, and everyone commented, as I did, how wonderful.  Can we borrow it for such an event?
Fast forward to a couple of years later;  the dish set was still sitting in the original box, which clearly showed all its uses.  I decided to unpack it.   It is huge and heavy.  Now I have to figure out where to store it.  Yes, its multipurpose functionality is impressive, but it is HUGE.   Where do I put it?   I am not sure it will fit in my one empty Christmas shelf.  Empty because I have given away a lot of stuff to friends and charities in recent months.

No comments:

Post a Comment