Random thoughts on leadership

This blog is an experiment.. The various successful bloggers have influenced me to try blogging myself.

I will be sharing thoughts, books, book reviews and other content.

It's an open, electronic diary and journal.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Planning your day realistically

This blog is taken from some reflections for women that I am putting together.
The first of these deals with our normal daily tasks and "to do" lists.   The key is to be realistic.
Often we are frustrated when we plan to do more than it is possible to achieve in any one day.  My thoughts.


 
Plan your day well but do not try to achieve more than is possible.   All of us have to do lists and must do lists and can do lists.   A key to achievement is to plan realistically what is possible and don’t expect to do more than in possible within the span of a day or a week. 

At the end of the day, count your achievements rather than what was not achieved.  It is frustrating to focus on what remains unfinished.

I find that it is helpful to cross out or check off what I have done.   That gives a sense of accomplishment.

You might make a to do list on paper or on a tablet like an Ipad.  I do both.  Some lists on paper and some on Ipad.  When I am on vacation, I often make a  to do list of bigger tasks for when I get home.   I work through the list when I get home .  

Realistic planning of what we can do and doing it is part of effective living.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment